A thoroughly modern design that’s optimized for select Canon EOS digital SLRs. Its angle of view is equivalent to a 96mm lens on a 35mm camera, with a floating optical system that can focus down to full life-size (1:1) magnification. Inner focusing, driven by a silent and powerful ring-type USM, means the lens’ overall length never changes during focus. This lens is a wonderful multi-purpose lens that’s equally at home shooting macro shots, portraits or available-light photos. Like all Canon EF-S Lenses, its use is restricted to the EOS 20D, EOS Digital Rebel and EOS Digital Rebel XT cameras (as of February 2005).
- True flat-field macro lens that can focus to full life-size magnification
- Fill the frame with a subject the size of a penny
- Working distance of nearly 4 inches from front of lens to subject at 1x
- Canon’s shortest focal length macro lens ever with fully internal focusing
- Accepts both MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite and MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite
- Circular aperture design – natural highlights, even stopped down two stops
- Optimized for digital SLRs: special coatings to minimize reflections and flare