The EOS 5D Mark IV camera builds on the powerful legacy of the 5D series, offering amazing refinements in image quality, performance and versatility. Canon’s commitment to imaging excellence is the soul of the EOS 5D Mark IV. Wedding and portrait photographers, nature and landscape shooters, as well as creative videographers will appreciate the brilliance and power that the EOS 5D Mark IV delivers. Superb image quality is achieved with Canon’s all-new 30.4 Megapixel full-frame sensor, and highly-detailed 4K video is captured with ease. Focus accuracy has been improved with a refined 61-point AF system and Canon’s revolutionary Dual Pixel CMOS AF for quick, smooth AF for both video and Live View shooting. Fast operation is enhanced with Canon’s DIGIC 6+ Image Processor, which provides continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps. Built-in Wi-Fi®, GPS and an easy-to-navigate touch-panel LCD allow the camera to become an extension of you. When quality matters, the EOS 5D Mark IV helps deliver results to inspire even the most discerning imagemaker.
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100-32000; expandable up to 50-102400 (equivalent ISO).
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8
- Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6+ Image
- Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
30.4 MP Full-Frame Sensor
The EOS 5D Mark IV camera has a full-frame, high-speed CMOS sensor that delivers beautiful images of weddings, wildlife, sports and more. Measuring approximately 36.0mm x 24.0mm, the same size and ratio as a 35mm film frame, it records approximately 30.1 Megapixels at normal ISOs of up to 32000. It also captures tremendous still and 4K video clips suitable for significant post-processing, retouching and cropping. This brilliant sensor adds Dual Pixel CMOS AF capabilities as well, enabling the EOS 5D Mark IV to focus quickly and accurately during live-view shooting, capturing the action as it unfolds. At light levels as low as EV -4, Dual Pixel CMOS AF enables continuous automatic AF and AF tracking at the pixel level in more places and more lighting situations, enhancing overall camera operation for sharp still images and smooth, precise focus transitions in videos.
Capable of recording Digital Cinema (DCI) standard 4K (Motion JPEG) videos of 4096 x 2160 pixels at up to 30 fps, the EOS 5D Mark IV is an extraordinary camera for movies, news, weddings and more. It’s also able to shoot Full HD video at up to 60 fps and HD video at up to 120 fps, and supports both MOV and MP4 formats for HD and Full HD right out of the camera for easy distribution or for use in editing software.
Up to 7.0 fps Continuous Shooting
The EOS 5D Mark IV camera is designed to capture the action. Its remarkable shutter, advanced AF, exposure and image processing systems help ensure virtually instantaneous response and performance at up to 7.0 fps, even at full resolution. A cam-operated Mirror Vibration Control System with a high-torque motor helps suppress mirror impact for stable, high-speed shooting, while the AF and AE systems help ensure accurate exposure and focus tracking, even at high speed. Whether immortalizing a bird in flight or a father’s first dance with the bride, the EOS 5D Mark IV camera delivers a combination of performance and image quality that’s ideally suited to the needs of advanced photographers.
150,000 pixel RBG+IR metering sensor
To determine and maintain proper exposure, especially in varying light sources with moving subjects, the EOS 5D Mark IV camera’s iSA (Intelligent Scene Analysis) system has a dedicated RGB+IR light sensor with approximately 150,000-pixel resolution. It provides the camera with quick and comprehensive image analysis. The EOS 5D Mark IV also incorporates Canon’s Intelligent Tracking and Recognition system (iTR AF) that detects and tracks subjects, automatically switching the AF point to maintain subject tracking.
61 Point AF
The EOS 5D Mark IV has a new AF sensor, with 61 AF points covering a broader vertical area of the image than its predecessor. This AF system delivers excellent accuracy and performance, with up to 41 cross-type AF points available, and extra-high-precision AF at up to 25 points on the AF array (when wide-aperture lenses are used). Low-light sensitivity of this AF sensor is also improved, with the center point delivering AF at levels down to EV -3. AF with tele extenders at f/8 maximum effective apertures is also greatly improved – AF is possible at up to all 61 AF points, when specific Canon telephoto lenses are combined with Canon’s Version III EF tele extenders.
Built-in Wi-Fi® Technology
Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity, the EOS 5D Mark IV can be easily set up to operate remotely, with control of select camera settings from compatible mobile devices. Image review and transfer are fast and convenient, without even having to take the camera out of its bag.
Built-in NFC Technology
Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) technology helps provide the EOS 5D Mark IV camera with a virtually seamless connection to compatible Android™ devices. Simply tap to connect and transfer images and videos. It’s also compatible with the Canon Connect Station CS100 device, which makes it simple for photographers and moviemakers to view and organize all their photos and videos from one connected device.