The Nikon Z7 is Nikon’s first FX-format (full-frame) mirrorless camera with 45.7 effective megapixels
Evolution never ends for high-pixel-count cameras. Featuring 45.7 effective megapixels in a compact body, the Z 7 — Nikon’s brand new, FX-format mirrorless camera — fully exploits the unprecedented optical performance offered by the new NIKKOR Z lenses and delivers overwhelming edge-to-edge detail in both stills and videos. In addition, its wide, 493-point hybrid AF system with superb focusing accuracy and the new EXPEED 6 image-processing engine contribute to achieving sharper images than ever. The 3690k-dot Quad-VGA electronic viewfinder provides a clear view and an amazingly comfortable shooting experience, thanks to Nikon’s advanced optics and imaging expertise. And with 10-bit N-Log as well as 4K UHD and 8K time-lapse* movie, it meets the needs of demanding video creators too. Condensing all of this power into a compact yet robust body, the Z 7 promises to take you to a new world of truly amazing images.
* 8K time-lapse movie production requires third-party software.
- Nikon FX-format, backside illumination CMOS sensor featuring 45.7 effective megapixels and focal-plane phase-detection AF pixels, while offering ISO 64-25600
- EXPEED 6 provides sharper stills and videos, while effectively reducing noise
- Picture Control System featuring mid-range sharpening parameter and 20 additional Creative Picture Control options
- 493-point*1 hybrid AF system offering accurate focus across 90% of the frame
- Approx. 3690k-dot Quad-VGA EVF with Nikon’s superior optical and image-processing technology, providing a clear and comfortable view
- Full-frame 4K UHD/30p video delivers clear and sharp footage, making full use of the superior optical performance of NIKKOR Z lenses
- N-Log utilizes the extensive color depth range in 10-bit HDMI output, recording richer gradation information for more effective color grading
- Image sensor shift, in-camera VR that achieves an effect equivalent to a shutter speed up to approx. 5.0 stops*2 faster, compensating vibration in five directions
- High-speed continuous shooting up to approx. 9 fps*3
*1 In FX format with single-point AF.
*2 Based on CIPA Standards. This value is achieved when NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S is attached, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
*3 When using 12-bit RAW, JPEG or TIFF in high-speed continuous shooting (extended). AE is fixed at the first frame.