Perfect for portraiture and a range of other subjects, the F1.8 maximum aperture and optical image stabilization provide impressive picture quality, even in low light.
- Picture of E 50 mm F1.8 OSS
- Bright, wide-aperture lens with 50 mm fixed focal length, ideal for portraits and general photography
- F1.8 maximum aperture allows creation of smooth background defocus effects (bokeh)—ideal for flattering your portrait subject
- Stylish, light, and easy to carry, with high-quality aluminum alloy finish on barrel
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization within lens for crisp, stable handheld portraits. Silent mechanism during movie recording
- Wide aperture and Optical SteadyShot make lens highly suitable for atmospheric handheld portraits without flash in dim light
- Innovative optical design achieves clear, high-quality images with minimized distortion and chromatic aberration
- Smooth, quiet, high-speed autofocus with linear motor—ideal for HD movie shooting
- Direct Manual Focus disengages AF motor for precise, fine, manual focusing control
- 7-blade circular aperture for beautiful defocus effects
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization within the lens provides smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing, or bokeh.
Refined optical performance
The lens has an innovative optical design to achieve clear, high-quality images by effectively minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration.
Fast, agile focusing
The internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.